Sunday 15 March 2015

Time


When I say that I love reading, I think that I am just being truthful. Ever since I was really young, books have intrigued me. I would come home from primary school and run up to my room to grab a book, read until dinner and then after, read until way past my bedtime.
Unfortunately, when I got into secondary school, I started to get homework. So, I would do homework until dinner and then after dinner read until way past my bedtime...
However now, with my GCSEs fast approaching, I am now finding that my life is being taken over by revision, no matter what time my supposed bedtime is. I want nothing more than to read all day and all night, but when thinking about my future, I know that I can't spend all my time reading and do have to focus on my exams, at least for a little while.
In January and February I went well past the number of books that I thought I was going to read, but now I feel like it's a good week if I read one book rather than three. That fact upsets me slightly, yet it is what my life has become.
On the bright side, this year I get a summer holiday that is almost three months long, so while everyone else is outside, soaking up the sun, I will be curled up on my bed or in an armchair reading. I would go outside, but can anyone really read with the glare from the sun coming off the pages?
Do any of you find that you have less time to read than you want to?

-E

No comments:

Post a Comment