Saturday 21 February 2015

Perfection

Perfection is impossible to find in any aspect of life. Some people like to strive for perfection, but I instead like to strive for what I know I can do best. This afternoon I went to see my sister perform in her first dance show and though all the acts were amazing, none of them were exactly perfect and that's okay.
I feel the same way about books. No book is perfect, no matter whether we give it five out of five stars or if we say that a book is 'perfection'. It is just not possible.
I'm not here to criticise books not being perfect, however. In fact, I like it when books are not perfect because the flaws in them make them more relatable. If a book is perfect then I think it would become a bore because you could not make yourself feel more clever when realising that there is a grammar mistake or you couldn't re-imagine how you would have wanted a particular chapter or ending of a book to go.

The whole point of me writing this was to get across the point that being perfect should not be the aim, enjoying things for what they are should be.
-E

No comments:

Post a Comment