Monday 3 August 2015

Review: Legend by Marie Lu

Note: The copy of 'Legend' I read is an uncorrected book proof.

An amazing start to a promising trilogy. I was quickly intrigued by the dystopian world this book was set in and soon came to love the main characters, Day and June, by their narration and actions. With an intense plot and danger always round the corner, I was on the edge of my seat throughout the entire novel. I would recommend this book to anyone looking for action, adventure and a splash of romance; basically, if you've read the Divergent series and the Hunger Games and are now ready for something even better.

***

The world that this book puts you in completely sucks you out of reality. It makes you realise how much influence governments can have and to what ends people will go to for power and control. From Day's perspective we also learn that they don't know as much as they would like to and that they would have us believe. The segregation within the Republic between the rich and the poor really brings to the forefront of your mind the issues that living in that type of society brings and gives you all the more reason to support Day's and the Patriot's cause.

The romance between Day and June, though expected, was a good match and the story unfolded in such a way that you could understand them wanting to be together. Also, as the plot unfurled and you found out that they had many similarities, it seemed right for them to be together. I look forward to seeing their relationship progressing.


Overall, this was a gripping tale and I can't wait to get hold of the second book so I can see which characters come into play and how the plot will progress. I'm especially excited to potentially learn more about the plague. 

No comments:

Post a Comment