Thursday 24 December 2015

Review: The King's Curse by Philippa Gregory


This novel is a great introduction to Henry VIII, for someone like me who is about to begin to study him, as it gives an overview of most of his reign, detailing his trials and triumphs from an outside perspective. Gregory excels at making you love or hate characters and even though I already knew what was going to happen to certain characters by set historical events, I couldn't help but root for them. The only issues that I can find with this book are that because it covers such a large period of time and has to stick rigidly to events, sometimes it felt a little impersonal to Margaret and became more of a book that just recounted events. 

Overall, though, this was an amazing novel and I would recommend it to anyone who loves historical fiction or has an interest in the Tudors.  

No comments:

Post a Comment