Saturday 11 June 2016

A Chat With Julie Kagawa


In May I was fortunate enough to win a competition, the prize for which was the Talon series, the books that have been released so far, and a Skype call with the author of the series, Julie Kagawa.

She has been one of my favourite authors for years, mainly with the Iron Fey series, and now with her other works as well, so I was beyond excited for such a great opportunity. Unfortunately, that excitement didn't really help me prepare, so I went in with no notes or prepared questions, save one from a friend who also loves The Iron Fey.

Luckily, we were able to find common interests, including anime, fanfiction and overflowing TBR piles, and the conversation just flowed from there. As a reader, it was so amazing for me to be able to connect with her one on one and to realise that she is just like me.


It may sound a bit over-the-top when I write this, but the Skype call that I had with Julie Kagawa was one of the best moments of my life so far, partly because of the interesting, and sometimes hilarious, things that I found out from her, but also because she was so lovely. I hope that in the future I'm able to do something like that again; it was (and I'm running out of adjectives here) awesome.

-E

No comments:

Post a Comment