Tuesday 17 March 2020

Review: Rilla of Ingleside by L. M. Montgomery


My rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐1/2


This was by far the best book in the Anne of Green Gables series. Rilla was such a well-developed character and you could so clearly see her change and progress throughout the book. This book made me laugh at some of the awkward moments, but it also managed to make me cry at the sadder moments. What made the difference in this book was the continuing thread of the war throughout the story. It gave a driving force to everything that happened and served to bind the characters together in a way that we didn’t get to see in the previous books. I could also clearly see the development of Montgomery’s writing from her previous books and I couldn’t be happier that this was the end to the series.


[Goodreads parallel]

No comments:

Post a Comment