Wednesday 2 September 2015

Review: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas


The blurb of this book tells me that it is the 'first in an epic new fantasy trilogy' and I have to say that I couldn't agree more. This book introduces us to an unexplainably complex fantasy with description so intense that I felt like I could have lived there my entire life. Despite how horrible some of the characters could be and the evil that I knew to be present there, I couldn't help but fall in love with this world and all it had to offer. The plot was very cleverly and carefully revealed, leaving me always wanting more at the end of each chapter. Character development happened gradually and realistically, assisted greatly by Maas' incredible writing. This book sets a high standard amongst fantasy novels and I can't wait for the next instalment in this series, though I will comment that after the ending of this book, I hope a storyline that is just as good or better than the one in this book will be found as I do not just want the second and third books to focus on romance; I would prefer for there to be something for the characters to face off against.

No comments:

Post a Comment