Friday 11 September 2015

Review: Just One Day by Gayle Forman


What I expected from this book and what I got were different, but in a good way. I expected the whole book to take place over one day, similar to 'Where She Went', but having only part of the story set over that day was far better for the plot because we got to see how the experience effected Allyson and got to know her.

As well as dealing with the romance, this book also dealt with college and how much people can change when they get there. It also gave Allyson an opportunity to grow and change. At the start of the novel, I liked her character, but as the novel progressed I liked her less, before I came to love her nearer the end. If this book had only been over the one day, I would have been stuck in the first category and it would have been as if her character were stagnated.


Overall, this is a good, quick read and I can't wait to read 'Just One Year'.

No comments:

Post a Comment